Last Updated August 15, 2015
1. What Information We Collect
The categories of information we collect include:
- Information You Give Us. We may collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), social security number as well as other information you directly give us on our Site when you use our Service or if you correspond with us. Such information is necessary for us to perform essential Services including but not limited to insurance plan enrollment and Advanced Premium Tax Credit application.
- Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other third parties that you explicitly provided us consent with, such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Site, as well as the name of the website to which you're headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Site.
- We also use third party tracking tools, social media companies, and ad networks to improve the performance and features of our Website. These third party tracking tools are designed to collect only Non-Personal Information about your use of our Website. However, you understand that such tools are created and managed by parties outside our control. As such, we are not responsible for what information is actually captured by such third parties or how such third parties use and protect that information.
- We may employ web beacons in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for improvement of the Service.
2. Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send Service related emails including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver our Service, including but not limited to insurance plan enrollment, personalized content and advertising, Advanced Premium Tax Credit application, healthcost estimator and other Tools that are offered on this Site to help the User choose a health insurance plan.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may also share aggregated and anonymized data.
- We may share information with third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, service fulfillment, web hosting or providing analytic services;
- We may share information with our partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, or who partner with us to provide our Services to you;
4. Your Information Choice
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. This allows you to “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
5. Protection of Your Information
HoneyInsured cares about the security of your information, and uses robust and state-of-the-art physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service – you can see more at our Security page. However, no security system is perfectly secure and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, HoneyInsured will investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
6. Children's Privacy
Our Website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 13 ("Child"). We do not verify the age of our Users nor do we have any liability for verifying a User's age. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your Child is using our Website, please contact us to remove your Child's account; we reserve the right to ask you for verification of your relationship to the Child before we honor such a request. If we discover that a Child has created an account on our Website, we will immediately delete the account as soon as we discover it and we will not use the information for any purpose.
7. How to Contact Us